- What does the product do?
- What can be claimed about the product?
- Is the evidence supporting the claims sufficient?
- How safe is the product?
- Who will benefit from the product?
- How is the dosage determined?
- Are the ingredients available at an acceptable quality, cost and volume?
“These are mostly no-name brands,” said Blake Ebersole, founder and president of NaturPro Scientific, a consultancy helping companies with product development, quality compliance and manufacturing of supplements. “The products were actually purchased from convenience stores and ‘CBD shops’ as opposed to health-food stores.”