Supplement Product Development Consultants
NaturPro Scientific are expert consultants that know the entire value chain of natural products.
That’s why we’re tasked with making some of the best and brightest supplement products available.
Product Development Services
Starting in October 2019, we are able to complete the chain with R&D pilot scale prototypes and samples, specializing in benchtop and pilot runs of powders and 2-piece hard shell capsules.
Ready to launch your own consumer product?
Just follow the Top 10 Product Success Guidelines:
- Product Formulation and Development: Proactively Develop. Formulating is not just mixing a bunch of ingredients together and putting them in a capsule. Leverage our proprietary product development process that includes product positioning, financial feasibility and brand development.
- Formula Readiness: Get Ready. The comprehensive review outlining substantiation, challenges and solutions for getting the formula properly made, tested and labeled.
- Research and Clinical Trials: Substantiate Your Claims. Literature reviews, study design & implementation, and claims substantiation files are par for the course.
- Protection Strategy: Protect Your Investment. Trademark and IP development, supplier and vendor agreements, GMP Compliance, Structure-Function Claims
- Label Review & Development: Make It Stand Out Safely. Product claims, Supplement Facts, innovative Product Naming and Taglines, FDA-compliant Warnings, Unique and Targeted Product Descriptioning
- Pilot and Benchtop Prototypes, Trials and Samples: Ensure Proper Formulation, Stability and Efficacy prior to commercial scale manufacturing, and trial or demo your new products.
- Supplement Manufacturing Consulting: Your Independent Advocate: Ingredient and Manufacturer Sourcing, Guidance and Negotiation; Quality and Formula Assurance throughout the R&D, piloting and production process
- Product Substantiation: Make Claims That Hold Water. Technical Marketing Dossier and Claims Substantiation
- Product Testing: Cut No Corners.Test Method Development, Test Results Verification, Troubleshooting and Laboratory Communications
- Educational Support: Spread the Word. Training and Educational Materials in Various Media
NaturPro is transparent about the pricing of our services. We generally base our fees on the time required to do the job – so our clients don’t pay more than necessary.
|Deliverable||Typical Timeline||Typical Fees|
|Master Formula: written formulation, dosage and delivery form, specs, sources, costing (10 ingredient formula)||4 weeks||$4,750 – 6000|
|NEW: Prototype Samples: Product R&D and pilot/benchtop prototype samples (typical 50 bottles)||4 weeks||$2,500 – 3,500|
|Health Survey Trials (recruiting, data collection, analysis, reporting)||60 days||$3,500 +|
|Raw Material Specifications creation/development/review||3 weeks||$500 – 1,000|
|QC Product Testing strategy and plan||3 weeks||$750 -$1500 (not including lab fees)|
|Technical Document Packet — Summary of Substantiation for Regulatory, Safety and Efficacy and Claims||4 weeks||$5,000+|
|ALL SERVICES:||12-16 weeks||$15,000 – 20,000|
*Pricing ranges are typical and may vary based on project complexity
Do you have an idea for Dietary Supplement Development?
Get ready with dietary supplement and ingredient product development services:
NaturPro is not a contract or private label manufacturer, nor do we have financial or other interests in any manufacturing facilities. This allows us to serve as a true advocate for you, our client.
Product safety, efficacy, consistency, testing, and quality assurance need to all strike a balance with manufacturing process concerns. We help you manage and work with the highest quality manufacturers, with your best interests in mind.
Value-added Product Services
|Deliverable||Typical Timeline||Typical Fees|
|Label Development / Review||2-3 weeks||$200 – basic |
$600 – complex
|Finished Product Specification Packet||2-3 weeks||$500 – 2000 +|
|Supplier Quality Verification (within U.S.)||2-3 weeks||$500 – 1000|
|Supplier quality verification (Foreign – FSVP)||2-3 weeks||$1000 – 2000 +|
|Copacker and supplier handling||ongoing||$1000 +|
|Supplier or Contract Manufacturer audit (with audit agenda and GMP audit report)||one or two days||$2000 +|
|SOP development, review, or revision||2-3 weeks||$300-500 each|
|Quality Management and document development/review||Varies||$150/hour|
|Adverse Event Reporting and Serious Adverse Event Reporting||24 hours||$150/hour|
Product Development Toolbox: Top 10 Product Development Tools:
In a nutshell, product development requires a ‘toolbox’ of analysis including the following…
- Market Analysis, Competitive Analysis and Positioning
- Regulatory Status / Safety Assessment
- Claims Development and Substantiation
- Product Costing and Financials
- Ingredient Readiness, Supplier Qualification
- GMP’s, Specifications, and Analytical Testing
- Intellectual Property Development
- Manufacturing Feasibility
- Contract Manufacturer Qualification and Negotiation