Experienced natural product, healthy food and dietary supplement consultants
supporting world-class ingredients and products.
- Article: How to Make a Quilt from the Dietary Supplement Regulatory Patchwork (July 2017)
- A Picture is Worth 140 Characters: Follow on Twitter @NaturalBlake or Instagram @NaturPro
- Ebersole Presenting at Supplyside West 2017 on the Relevance of Heart Health for Dietary Supplements and Ingredients
- Article: Creating Content Claims with Confidence for Food and Supplements (June 2017)
- NaturPro Truth-in-labeling Efforts Supporting Kombucha Continue towards Final Action Method
- Partner DS Test Labs offers Testing of “Real Biological Activity”; uses molecular biology to verify herbal medicine & dietary supplement activity, standardization and consistency for clinical use
- NaturPro Publishes a New, Curated List of References of Botanical, Medicinal Plant and Natural Product Quality Standards.
- NaturPro’s Ebersole Co-authors Landmark Open-access Study in Journal of AOAC with British Columbia Institute of Technology & Covance Validating a GC-FID Headspace Method for Ethanol in Kombucha;
- NaturPro Study: Sugar Content in Kombucha Products May Be Higher Than Labeled
Dietary Supplement Consultants
Experts supporting compliance, manufacturing and development
of natural products supporting human health
August 15, 2017 0 commentsKnowing whether a material will be able to be made into a product is a key step to product Read more!
April 07, 2017 0 commentsIn the U.S., dietary supplements and their ingredients are subject to a patchwork of regulations, Read more!
We serve as an advocate for our clients' R&D, quality assurance and development of natural products that support the health of the world.
NaturPro is known for customized quality and compliance solutions, including:... Read more!
Ever wonder how your ingredient specifications measure up to regulatory and industry standards? Read more!
The Ethical Sourcing Review™ is one of the most comprehensive and stringent standards developed... Read more!
- Supported Development of 35 New Natural Products
- 19 Improvements to Formulas or Production Processes
- 50+ Product/Business Opportunities Evaluated
- 100+ Product Labels Reviewed and Optimized
- 20+ GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) and Supplier Audits
- 9 Research Trials Planned to Support Clinical Efficacy and Safety
- 50+ Substantiated Product Claims
- 100+ Materials Verified with Valid Test Methods
- 200+ Samples Tested for Adherence to Truth-in-Labeling
- 30+ Materials Testing Issues Resolved
- 14 Assessments of Regulatory Status
- 5 Responses to Regulatory Actions
- 1 Analytical Method validation and AOAC First Action Official Method
- 4 Research Studies Published in Refereed Journals/Conferences
New Clinical Research on Natural Products
Delphinidin-Rich Maqui Berry Extract (Delphinol®) Lowers Fasting and Postprandial Glycemia and Insulinemia in Prediabetic Individuals during Oral Glucose Tolerance Tests. Alvarado JL et al. Biomed Res Int. 2016;2016:9070537. doi: 10.1155/2016/9070537.
Fish Oil-Derived Fatty Acids in Pregnancy and Wheeze and Asthma in Offspring. Bisgaard H et al. N Engl J Med. 2016 Dec 29;375(26):2530-9. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa1503734.
The Health Effects of Cannabis and Cannabinoids: The Current State of Evidence and Recommendations for Research. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (US), Health and Medicine Division (US), Board on Population Health and Public Health Practice (US), Committee on the Health Effects of Marijuana: An Evidence Review and Research Agenda (US). Washington (DC): National Academies Press (US); 2017.
Synergistic in vitro antioxidant activity and observational clinical trial of F105, a phytochemical formulation including Citrus bergamia, in subjects with moderate cardiometabolic risk factors. Babish JG, et al. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2016 Dec;94(12):1257-1266.
Serenoa repens associated with selenium and lycopene extract and bromelain and methylsulfonylmethane extract are able to improve the efficacy of levofloxacin in chronic bacterial prostatitis patients. Cai T et al. Arch Ital Urol Androl. 2016 Oct 5;88(3):177-182. doi: 10.4081/aiua.2016.3.177.
Effect of Ginger and Chamomile on Nausea and Vomiting Caused by Chemotherapy in Iranian Women with Breast Cancer. Sanaati F et al. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2016;17(8):4125-9.
The effect of Vaccinium uliginosum extract on tablet computer-induced asthenopia: randomized placebo-controlled study. Park CY et al. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2016 Aug 18;16:296. doi: 10.1186/s12906-016-1283-x.
Effects of Greenselect Phytosome® on weight maintenance after weight loss in obese women: a randomized placebo-controlled study. Gilardini L et al. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2016 Jul 22;16:233. doi: 10.1186/s12906-016-1214-x.
Andrographis paniculata decreases fatigue in patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis: a 12-month double-blind placebo-controlled pilot study. Bertoglio JC et al. BMC Neurol. 2016 May 23;16:77. doi: 10.1186/s12883-016-0595-2.
Cannabidiol in patients with treatment-resistant epilepsy: an open-label interventional trial. Devinsky O et al. Lancet Neurol. 2016 Mar;15(3):270-8. doi: 10.1016/S1474-4422(15)00379-8.
Prevention of Urinary Tract Infection with Oximacro, A Cranberry Extract with a High Content of A-Type Proanthocyanidins: A Pre-Clinical Double-Blind Controlled Study. Occhipinti A, et al. E. Urol J. 2016 Apr 16;13(2):2640-9.
Elderberry Supplementation Reduces Cold Duration and Symptoms in Air-Travellers: A Randomized, Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Clinical Trial. Tiralongo E et al. Nutrients. 2016 Mar 24;8(4):182. doi: 10.3390/nu8040182.
Effect of a Medicinal Agaricus blazei Murill-Based Mushroom Extract, AndoSan™, on Symptoms, Fatigue and Quality of Life in Patients with Ulcerative Colitis in a Randomized Single-Blinded Placebo Controlled Study. Therkelsen SP et al. PLoS One. 2016 Mar 2;11(3):e0150191. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0150191.
Purslane Extract and Glucose Homeostasis in Adults with Type 2 Diabetes: A Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Clinical Trial of Efficacy and Safety. Wainstein J et al. J Med Food. 2016 Feb;19(2):133-40. doi: 10.1089/jmf.2015.0090.
Epigallocatechin Gallate Extends Therapeutic Window of Recombinant Tissue Plasminogen Activator Treatment for Brain Ischemic Stroke: A Randomized Double-Blind and Placebo-Controlled Trial. Wang XH et al. Clin Neuropharmacol. 2017 Jan/Feb;40(1):24-28. doi: 10.1097/WNF.0000000000000197.
Effect of tart cherry juice on recovery and next day performance in well-trained Water Polo players. McCormick R et al. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2016 Nov 14;13:41.
Probiotic With or Without Fiber Controls Body Fat Mass, Associated With Serum Zonulin, in Overweight and Obese Adults-Randomized Controlled Trial. Stenman LK et al. EBioMedicine. 2016 Nov;13:190-200. doi: 10.1016/j.ebiom.2016.10.036.
Protocol of a prospective study for the combination treatment of Shu-Gan-jian-Pi decoction and steroid standard therapy in autoimmune hepatitis patients. Chi XL et al. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2016 Dec 7;16(1):505.
Development of a neuroprotective potential algorithm for medicinal plants. Liu W et al. Neurochem Int. 2016 Nov;100:164-177. doi: 10.1016/j.neuint.2016.09.014.