NaturPro are nutraceutical formulators with a broad range of experience in development and production of nutraceuticals, supplements, healthy foods and natural products — spanning from raw material to finished consumer product.
We talk through your goals with you and clarify the kind of nutraceutical formulators you’re looking to hire.
A number of considerations go into formulating successful, effective, safe and compliant nutracetical products. These include:
- What does the product or food do?
- What can be claimed about the product?
- Is the evidence supporting the claims sufficient?
- How safe is the product?
- How is the ingredient dosage determined?
- Are the ingredients available at an acceptable quality, cost and volume?
The 4 Steps to Nutracetical Product Formulation
There are four main points when formulating nutraceutical products:
- Taste, Color, Delivery systems, and Dosage. We focus on the consumer market and how to help sell your product.
- Market Analysis, Competitive Analysis and Positioning. Making your product stand out from others.
- Supplement Testing and Analysis. NaturPro Scientific, as an UnLab, partners with expert analytical laboratories to conduct specific testing.
- Product Manufacturing Feasibility. We check early on to make sure your product and ingredients are feasible and available to make.
“Only move forward with creating a product that will be ‘above the bar.’”
Nutraceutical formulators coordinate the knowledge of supplement consultants and experts, review regulatory status of the product and evaluate the available scientific evidence. A good development plan will identify not only opportunities, but also gaps and risks that may prevent success.